Friday, February 25, 2011

Oh Where to Begin?!?!

Much, much has happened. I just checked what the last pictures that I posted were of - and it was the Santa Scamper! I think that was in November! So... I'm finding myself three months behind, and this is the beginning of The Catch-Up. :)

For Thanksgiving, we drove down to Chicago to spend it with the Myers as well as David's parents. We were all anticipating the birth of Lucia and Rhea's THIRD cousin, and Julie especially was hoping the little one would be born before we all decended upon them (considering she was planning to her her baby at home). However, little Jaida had other plans and wanted a few extra days to get ready for the COLD out in the real world, so she stuck it out in there until November 27th! It all worked out beautifully because my dear aunt and uncle, who live just 10 minutes away from the Myers, happened to be in D.C. over Thanksgiving visiting their son and his family and graciously offered us their home so we'd have a place to escape to once Julie went into labor.
We got to see little Jaida on Saturday morning, when she was less than 12 hours old!


Proud new Grandpa (now x5!)
And the happy family of 5!

Then, after our visit, we left for a quick hop over to Iowa. Grandma Abuhl was celebrating her 80th birthday, so we (minus Mark, Julie and little Jaida) wanted to make sure we were there for her celebration! Since I was chasing the kids most of the time, I didn't get as many pictures of that event as I would've liked. It was fun for me to meet many of David's cousins and aunts and uncles, since not all had made it to our wedding (and even the kids who did are now 5 years older and ... well, you don't have much time with people at your own wedding. :) ) It was great fun and definitely worth the trip.

Rhea took a little nap in the car on the way there, hugging her bear, Finn, and holding onto her fuzzy. We don't go anywhere without her fuzzy. :)


And I couldn't whip out the camera fast enough to get a good picture of Grandma with Rhea - Rhea wanted to be on the move! :)


We spent the night at Aunt Sharon's and Uncle Dale's, since the drive was too long to do twice in one day with little kids. So we took advantage of having a little more time the next day to see Grandma's place and then also stopped by Great-Uncle Wayne's farm. The kids LOVED riding around for a bit in the Gator. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment