Monday, July 18, 2011

It's Official: We Are Moving

Before I continue to catch up on our summer activities (of which there have been many fun ones), I should post the most recent news: We are moving. Many of you may have already heard through the grapevine, but now the papers are signed and we're actually starting to prepare for another transition. This time, to Dallas, TX.
David has been offered the job of Senior Treasury Analyst, where he will be part of a small team working for the Treasurer of Kimberly-Clark. It's rather intimidating (mostly to me, but also to him :-) ) and doesn't really have much to do with the work he did in Business Analysis up to now, but it's also a great opportunity and a privilege. His effective date is August 15, which means we have less than a month before a lot of it is going to be said and done. Craziness, here we come!! It seems like we can't manage to have a child without moving half way across the continent, but this time at least we SHOULD be somewhat settled by the time this little one arrives. The girls and I are contemplating a last-minute trip to Germany, partially to make the sale of our current house and the move a little easier (no showings with two small kids to endlessly clean up after), and partially to allow David a good month of pouring himself into his new job without making him feel badly about missing bedtimes and being late for dinner. And then, of course, I just want to go. :-) And can't wait to see how another stay would improve the girls' German, how Lucia would enjoy the Kindergarten now that she's 4, and simply to give my Dad some extended time with his granddaughters too. So... we'll see if it works out. I'm EVEN willing to fly one way with the girls by myself - that's how much of a benefit I'm hoping this trip will provide all parties. (It might be a nightmare, but we'll survive and I can go sleep for two days straight after we arrive. :) ) So... pray that ticket prices don't increase over the next week or two (they are already at an all-time high :-/ ), that all the little pieces of our move fall into the right places, and that my pregnancy will continue to progress smoothly like they have before. If we go, I'm hoping to be back by early October to give us a month in Dallas before this peanut makes his/her debut. We shall see.

As I'm typing this, David is already in Dallas for this week getting a first introduction to his new job, and possibly scoping out the city and its environs. We're hoping to go on a house-hunting trip sometime in early/mid August together (without kids - which, if that works out, would be like a second honeymoon!! :) ), and if we fly to Germany shortly thereafter, the transition will be done by the time we return. Crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment