Well, even though there are quite a few things I should post about before the current day (considering my last one was about leaving Germany over a MONTH ago!), I figure I should at least capture the fact that baby COULD have had a pretty cool birthday of 11/11/2011, had (s)he decided to come today. We're only 6 days overdue, so I guess it's nothing dramatic, but it is interesting how your mind fixates on the due date and after that it's a psychological waiting game. At least for me. Thankfully, I'm not physically uncomfortable at all -- I told David just last night if it were just for the physical, I could go on being pregnant for months without much complaining. (However, it would be nice to have my lap back soon so I have room for both of my girls at the same time, and so I can hug my husband more efficiently, and so I can scoot up to the table with my chair without having food land on my belly whenever I drop something.)
Also, maybe waiting would be easier at this point if we knew if baby was a boy or girl, but the family's curiosity is certainly mounting! It also didn't help that I had a false labor alarm the other night from 1 until 3 a.m., complete with timing contractions, getting up for a snack of cereal in the middle of the night since I wasn't sure I'd be getting a good breakfast any time soon, and texting back and forth with the midwife. All that ended up with me going back to bed at 3:00 a.m. to see if I could get some more rest, and then I woke up at 7 when David had to go to work and that was that. Regardless of when this baby comes, I'm already grateful that (s)he'll be ready to face the world (unlike Rhea, who was 2.5 weeks early and not quite "ripe")! Hopefully that'll make the first few weeks a bit less stressful on the whole family. :)
Baby, we're ready and waiting to meet you!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment