Sunday, February 9, 2014

Miss Shell

Tonight we were talking about making Valentines for our school friends since we are having a Valentine's Day Party tomorrow, and I asked Rhea if she would like to make some for her teachers. We talked about Miss Barbara and Miss Pat, her two main teachers with whom I've interacted the most, but I knew there was a third teacher who helps out with the little ones, so I asked Rhea: "Do you know what your other teacher's name is?" She thought for a moment, and then said: "Yes, Mom, she has a funny name. Her name is 'Miss Shell.' It makes me think of sea shells!" I didn't think I had ever heard that name mentioned, and thought it sounded a little strange... so I said, "Are you sure? Miss Shell is a funny name." No, she insisted Miss Shell was her name. Then I just got an e-mail from the director which happened to include the names of the childcare workers: Barbara R., Pat S., and Michelle H.  I love kids and their little brains. 

No comments:

Post a Comment