This week has been spring break here in our neck of the woods, so we've been having more than our usual amount of fun family activities. :-)
One afternoon, we packed up hot chocolate, coffee and cookies and headed to a nearby park. Lucia requested to bring a friend, so that's what we did. Feonn, a neighbor friend, was outside when Lucia went scouting. :)
It's been so fun having Papa around this last week!! We could get used to this!! :-)
The girls rediscovered the apple peeler/corer/slicer from Tante Margit and have been having lots of fun with it recently. Speaking of... I need to go buy more apples...
Finishing up a serious conversation over Sunday lunch. (Isn't L getting so big?! Agh!)
Then we celebrated spring break with some homemade Frosty ice cream - in a cone, per the girls' request.
Happy girls! :)
Also, I told the girls we could pick one fun "special" destination for the week, and they chose the zoo. So we went on Wednesday, which coincidentally turned out be half-off day. And it's spring break. Recipe for disastrous crowds. That was one of the dumbest things I've done in a while... take my kids to the zoo DURING spring break one the HALF-OFF day. Needless to say we were sandwiched into the throngs of pilgrims slowly parading past all the exhibits. We may have to go back soon...
Trying to decide where to go next...
Tonight, we rode our bikes to a new restaurant that opened close to our neighborhood! That was fun... working for our food on the way there, and working off our food on the way home. :) It was the perfect distance for Lucia to ride, and Rhea rode on the tandem wheel behind David, while I had Alexa in the child seat on the back of my bike. Making fun memories!
Daddy and his girlies :)
Checking on Cyclone Pam which is threatening Vanuatu these days.
And home again...
Like I said... I could get used to this! Having David home has been so much fun (home as in ... no grad school.) 7 weeks to go!! He's so close to being done!!
My heart is full, and we still have 3 more days before the craziness starts back up again. ;-)

No comments:
Post a Comment