Monday, April 6, 2015

Happy Easter!

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. 

~1 Peter 1:3
He is risen!!!  

We enjoyed celebrating this Easter weekend together as a family.  The joy of spending time together, all while being reminded of what truly matters in this life, sometimes is just too much to take in.  We are indeed so blessed.  
Saturday morning got off to a somewhat slower start.  While I made breakfast, Lucia read to the rest of the family. :-)


Later in the day, we dyed eggs!!  It's amazing; what used to be a little more stressful due to little hands trying to be part of all of the activities is beginning to be mostly just fun, because little hands are getting bigger, and my girlies are growing up.  (This is happy and sad for me at the same time. :-) )





Rhea requested roasting hot dogs, so that was dinner on Saturday night -- a perfect day for it, too!


Late that night, I got the Easter breakfast table ready.  The girls and I had made the paper eggs about a week or so ago, and they added the perfect touch. :-)

Early Easter morning.  (Please excuse my appearance. ;-) )  He Is Risen!!

Sadly, it rained all morning, but by the afternoon it stopped just enough to have our hunt outside -- it was soggy, but boots still made it possible.  I'm a little sad I didn't get a good Easter picture after church, but that just gives us a reason to wear our Easter dresses again... next week? ;-)







With much love to you all!!  We're going to go eat some chocolate... ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment