Thursday, June 24, 2010

Before I Forget...

...some of Lucia's cute phrases, I want to post them on here, even though I feel so far behind!! I want to capture some of the memories from our big long Germany trip, as well as upload lots of pictures. But since I'm sure it'll be a few days at the least before I get to it, I'll post this for now.

Lucia is still somewhat between languages since we spent so much time in Germany. :) It's really cute. She now speaks German with me all day long (whereas she used to respond to me in English, though she understood everything I said), and easily switches back to English when Papa comes home or a friend is over to play. Sometimes, however, a mumble-jumble comes out when she's trying to explain something to me, like this morning. She asked, in German, for "Vanillesaft mit Eiskoerpern," which translates to vanilla juice with ice bodies, "remember, Mama? Like I had yesterday." Oh... she had a tiny bit of limeade with ice cubes. I was tracking, but it was hard for me not to break out in a big grin. I love her little brain!

No comments:

Post a Comment