Monday, May 23, 2011

Easter!

I'm getting so close to being caught up with the blog! Thanks to all for bearing with me. :) Here are our Easter pictures.

Lucia was very much looking forward to dyeing Easter eggs, which we did on Thursday of Holy Week. For me, it was more of a craft I was trying to survive, along with all of the eggs. And I was impressed - even though I allowed Rhea to handle the dyed eggs, none of them ended up cracking! (At first I cringed whenever she tried to pick one up, but then I realized they were just dyed Easter eggs, and this was her first experience "helping" with the fun project.) In the end... I was glad when it was all over and that the girls enjoyed themselves.

Rhea enjoying all the fun colors!


As you can tell, Lucia was VERY much into the whole ordeal. :)


The official Easter egg hunt at Mark & Julie's in Chicago.


Rhea got the hang of it pretty quickly. "More some? Check. Check. Eggs. More some."





Aunt Julie filled some plastic eggs with little treats - Rhea opened all of her plastic eggs and, after she had discovered chocolate covered raisins, rejected all the other fillings (cheese, pennies, etc). I think we opened each one of her plastic eggs at least ten times to see if more chocolate raisins might have appeared in one of them. :)


Lucia and Westen examining their bounty.


A family Easter picture at church - and Happy Birthday, Dad!


Our little family's Easter picture :)


That afternoon, we headed to the local park, where Lucia and Rhea enjoyed the sand volleyball court.


The kids had another egg hunt at the park, and Lucia was trying to snatch an egg out of the drinking fountain without getting squirted with water - everytime she reached for it, the fountain came on. :)

Happy 55th Birthday, Dad! :) The first year that we were all together for his birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment