Thursday, June 11, 2015

Germany - Part 3

One very fun part of our visit was that we got to meet little Matilda, my best high school friend Nadja's first baby.  She is a very alert little girl and I'm sad we got to see her (and her parents ;-) ) only twice while there.  


One day, Alexa came home from Kindergarten looking like this.  They had had access to face paints (I'm assuming), and Lexi was very proud of having applied her own lipstick. :)

One of the more, uh... unusual evening activities was sorting through old keys.  It really was interesting and fascinating to me on several levels.  Just imagining what doors/chests/closets/cupboards these keys went to back in their prime... and what contents they might have kept safe.  Time is so fascinating; how quickly it passes and we (and all our things) fade along with it.



Some things never change, no matter where you are. :-)  This girlie enjoyed reading...


Lexi figured out steering while in Germany, as well as using the back-brake on the little bike my parents had found for her.  We might slowly attempt the balance bike now that we're home again.

Beautiful spring landscape

Two peas in a pod. Ready to head into Kindergarten for the day. :-)

I staged this picture to copy one taken of me as a little girl... I'll have to see if I can find it and I'll share it on here eventually. :-)

Stopping by the rapeflower fields for a quick picture.


And getting ice cream on the day Papa finished his last exam in Texas to celebrate a huge milestone!  Yay!  What an accomplishment!!  Thumbs up for Dad!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment