By now you've all probably heard that we're excited to welcome Baby #4 into our not-so-little (anymore) family in November. (At Office Max the other day: Office Max worker eyes my belly, observes Lucia, Rhea and Alexa, and says hesitantly: "So you have three kids and wanted another one?" Haha. I had to inwardly smile and reminded him that not all things in life happen exactly as planned, but that, yes, we were looking forward to meeting this newest little member of our family. :-) )
The girls couldn't be more thrilled, and at this point I'm afraid that the baby will be (s)mothered 24/7. I mean, I'm guessing I'll just birth and nurse and pass off all the rest. (Though Rhea is convinced she will NOT do diapers. Little does she know... muahahaha.)
In other news, summer is finally upon us here in TX, and with that we're done with school, spending lots of time at the pool, and ... getting one of our A/C units replaced tomorrow. (Insert painful cha-ching-money-draining-from-our-bank-account-sound here). It's hard to believe that next year I'll have three girls in Classical Conversations (3 presentations to prepare every week??!! Agh!!) and adjust to having a newborn around again! Alexa is so excited about finally being in "real" school too and no doubt will rise to the occasion. That girl is growing up fast!
Here a few fun pics from the last, oh... 18 months or so. :) Hope it won't be nearly as long until the next post.
Here's the girlie who is growing like a weed. 4.5 years old and proud of it! :)
Last Saturday we had some fun exploring a new lake in the area. We rented some kayaks and just hung out for a while.
Here we were waiting for our turn with the kayaks. Lucia got one all by herself, while David and I each took a girlie on our double kayaks. She did so well, I was really impressed! Sadly, I didn't get a picture of her in action.
Cooling off
Showing off her "umbrella leaves"
Little snack time in the shade
How and where I found the girls last Saturday morning when trying to call them for breakfast. :-) (They were huddled around Lucia's new Kindle.)
Our church hosted a pool party last weekend, and the girls always love it when they get to swim with Papa!!
Decimating the watermelon stash.
Our family's resident personality.
Sweet big sister. Love this girl. It's been so fun to watch her grow and mature into a lovely young lady.
This past school year, Lucia and Rhea have been taking a jazz/ballet combo class at a local dance studio. They had their recital in late May and it was fun to watch them on stage! They are both glad their class is over and don't ever want to do anything like it again. Ha!! (Both David and I are ok with that... more money to throw at other things.)
Before the pool had opened for the summer, we had temperatures that warranted a run through the sprinklers. This is TX, after all...
Our Smokey seems to like library books as much as our girls do... I have the most ridiculous pictures of him trying to participate in our schooling efforts, I guess I'll have to add this one too.
Then we had a week of VBS at a local church. The girls really enjoyed it, and so did Mom. :D (9-12 a.m. free all week? Yes, please!)
And this will be the last, and my favorite, picture of this post: Papa and his daughters on Father's Day. He is my true love, a great partner in this parenting journey, and a wonderful dad to our girls. When I married him, I hadn't even scratched the surface of his character, devotion, faithfulness and dedication, and it's been an honor and privilege to watch him become a dad (x3). My girls and I are so blessed. Thanks, Babe, for loving us so well and serving our family day in and day out.
P.S. Oh, and isn't he so handsome?! :D

No comments:
Post a Comment