Friday, July 1, 2016

We're having a ...

... oh... you'll have to read more than just the first line to find out what we're having! ;-)

I asked the Facebook community what they thought we were having, and the house was, as expected, divided.  27 people voted "girl", and 30 people voted "boy".  We've been on pins and needles all week, looking forward to our ultrasound appointment at 3:30 p.m. today. Rhea and Alexa were both rooting for a baby sister (A: "Wouldn't it be so gweat to be a family of guhls?!?!  Well... and Daddy."), and Lucia was hoping for a little brother, but she was expecting the ultrasound to reveal another girl.
On the way to the appointment, I asked David what he though we were having, and he was pretty convinced as well that we'd be having another girl.  I mean, why make changes to a good thing?  If it ain't broken, don't fix it. ;-)

Our ultrasound itself was quick.  The technician measured baby's head and belly size, arm and leg bone lengths, checked the heart beat and placenta and made us all hold out until the very end before going for the ... "goods".  :)  At first baby wasn't having any of it and modestly positioned the legs just so, but with some coaxing and pushing around by the technician, we were finally able to confirm without a doubt that we'll be meeting a baby BOY!!  As you might imagine, my jaw more or less dropped at the announcement.  The technician zoomed in on some special little parts and said: "Have you ever seen anything like this in any of your previous ultrasounds?"  Um... no.

After our appointment, Lucia suggested we go have ice cream to celebrate.  A healthy baby is plenty to celebrate, but this surprise definitely needed some celebrating.  (Personally, I would've celebrated just as much if the ultrasound had revealed a girl.  In a sense, I was already looking forward to having another cute baby girl with pig tails and cuteness all around.  It would have been somewhat of a relief: I can keep doing what I've been doing for the last nine years. At this rate, I may need to go buy some more books.  Books that unlock the mystery that are baby boys.)

After the pit stop for gelato, we headed to party city, grabbed some balloons, and then headed to the park for a little photo session.  We had some major news to share!!






Just for the record, the girl onesie we had up in the back pocket said:
I'm cute.
Mommy's cute.
Daddy's lucky.

That ... would've been perfect.

But here we are.  I'm excited to meet and fall in love with a baby BOY, for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment