... to Christmas! It's in the air, snow is on the ground, the smell of freshly baked cookies wafts through my kitchen, and ... well, Rhea keeps bringing me ornaments. Oops. She KNOWS better that to touch that tree. (So does Loxley the cat. Today I found him chewing on a wire-shaped star...) So for all of these reasons I know it must almost be Christmas. Plus... my husband is keeping secrets from me. ;-)
Lucia's best quote yesterday was: "Hey, don't smell me, I'm not a cookie!" (...after I was cuddling her and stuck my nose in her ear.) :-)
I would also post some recent pictures (some really cute ones of our time in Chicago over Thanksgiving, of the girls with their American grandparents :), and of random other things), but I'm on David's work computer typing this because he's engaged in Ultimate Warfare (or whatever it's called) on our home computer. :)
So I'm passing the time until 9ish, which is when I'll make another jaunt over to the airport to pick up... OMA! She unfortunately missed her first connection in Chicago and will finally arrive at 9:15. We had both girls at the airport awaiting her and they were all excited, just to find out that Oma wasn't coming (right then) and we were going home to eat spaghetti. Thankfully, Rhea didn't really care what was going on and Lucia was old enough to understand. Though during dinner she kept asking, "Why did the airplane leave without Oma?" "Did Oma run really fast to try to catch the airplane?" "But why did the airplane leave?" "Why was Oma not fast enough?" So... they'll be delighted to discover her here in the morning after they wake up.
I, for my part, am very much looking forward to the company and help (and craziness :-) ) of having my mom here. I already got a little taste of it when David's parents were here for a few days last weekend, and we had a great time with them too. (Like I said, pictures to come.) Only 45 more minutes until her plane lands! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment