Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Three-Year-Old's Thoughts at a Wedding

Before I go back to getting caught up with pictures, I want to post some current events because I'm afraid I'll forget if I wait too much longer.
This past weekend, we went to a wedding on David's side of the family, and it was Lucia's first time at an age where she sort of understood what was going on. Aside from highly anticipating Easter (when all the snow melts, so "Mama, when is all the snow going to go away so it can be Easter?" - and never mind that it just snowed again yesterday and we got about 8 inches... ugh), this wedding was an event she's been looking forward to for weeks.
In the car on the way there, she told me she didn't want to be the flower girl (which she wasn't, so no big deal there), and when we were sitting down at the beginning of the wedding service, she kept asking when the pretty lady would come.
After the happy couple was finally standing up front at the altar, Lucia leaned over and whispered in my ear: "Mama, where's her castle?" I had to grin - I think that's one of my favorite quotes from Lucia so far. It just shows the world she currently lives in, her fascination with princesses, and the idea (in her mind) that she got to go to a real princess's wedding! I told her that this "princess" didn't live in a castle, but that she lived in a house like we do. She didn't seem to mind. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi there Sarah, I have just looked at this site and enjoyed all the comments and pix. Thanks. Tell me how to do it on e mail and I could put up some of Jess' baby and Charlee. Hope you are well and baby is doing good. I loved seeing you however short it was. Thanks so much for coming to Aaron's wedding. You are great. Love Auntie Sharon

    ReplyDelete