Thursday, April 14, 2011

No Kids!

Just wanted to post this before I think it must've all been a dream. :) David and I are kidless! Grandpa and Grandma took them back to Chicago with them on Tuesday, and since we're driving down tomorrow for a wedding on the Abuhl side of the family, we've been like newly-weds with no kids again! It's been very quiet, blissful, and almost lifeless. We both miss them, but not quite enough not to be able to enjoy these days together. We've talked, gone out to eat, played together (ping-pong and computer games), stayed up too late, slept in (8:30!!), had leisurely meals (hot food, uninterrupted, without having to say 100 times, "take another bite".) :-) Thank you, Mom and Dad and Mark and Julie, for taking good care of our (sick :( :( ) girlies, and for making these days possible!! David took Wednesday off, and after the day was done, he said, "Man, I wish I had taken tomorrow off too!" And I said, "I wish we could have one day like this every month." While that's not quite realistic, it was a glorious break. But we both can't wait to have our little family back together again. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment