This is just a quick post to update you all on our transition from WI to TX. It's going FAST, and our week of house-hunting is almost over already! The most amazing piece of news is that we were able to sell our WI home after only 11 days on the market (in this economy!! - Thank you, God!), and two days later we put an offer in on a house that we really liked here in Texas, which was accepted. So... we currently feel a bit homeless since we're starting to say good-bye to our old house (the girls and I actually won't ever see it again), and it'll be a while before we get the keys to our new house! For those who would like to see pictures of the new place, I'm including a link below - it's to the MLS listing, but I don't know how much longer it will be available since the house is now under contract:
http://www.mlsfinder.com/tx_ntreis/kw_92/index.cfm?action=listing_detail&property_id=11608548&searchkey=c50db973-f655-cc96-5ed8-f964154bb905&npp=8&sr=9
We are really glad we were able to get the home, especially considering that we didn't really have a good second option. We feel pretty good about the neighborhood and already met some of our new neighbors (who have three teenage daughters, so we might even have potential babysitters!!). :-)
It's been incredible to be reminded again of how much paperwork and crazy details are involved in a transition like this, but between the two of us and the lack of little ones running around, we've accomplished quite a bit over the last several days. Thanks again, Julie, for watching the girlies for us -- we do miss them quite a bit and talk about them all the time, but this has been a life-saver!! :-)
We even had enough free time in between for me to DRAG David into a salon to get a professional haircut (the first one in 8 or 9 years, I believe :-) ) -- and I really like it!! Just too bad that I have to leave my handsome for 7 solid weeks now!
So... our current date for closing on our new house is September 7. The girls and I will be back from Germany and moving in on October 6, and we'll all be ready for visitors after that!! (Or... you could come visit David and keep him company even before then. :-) )
On a side note: The weather in Texas has not been as bad as we've feared, though it has been in the high 90s and up to 110 degrees every day since we got here. Thankfully, it's a very dry heat, so it feels like someone is using a blow dryer on you when you're outside, or you're sticking your head in the preheating oven. I keep saying I'm really enjoying it, but I also haven't been pushing girls to the park in a stroller,or trying to pull weeds or anything. And by the time we get back in October it shouldn't be quite so hot anymore. When we talk to native Texans about the weather, they keep saying that this summer has been unnaturally hot, so what we're experiencing should be as "bad" as it gets. Have I mentioned that I like it? :-)
Ok, off to our next errand -- so many things on our to-do list!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment