Last night, I put Rhea to bed. She had had a long nap that afternoon and didn't wake up until 4:30 p.m., so we knew that she would probably have trouble falling asleep right away. First, I got called upstairs soon after we put her to bed for another round of potty. Then it was quiet for a while. At 8:52, I heard this somewhat hesitant call: "Mooommyyyyy... Mooooommyyyyy." I went upstairs and said: "What's going on, Rhea?" R: "Ummm... ummm... ummm..." and then she whispered: "I wanna kuschel (cuddle) wif you." I said no, it was too late, it was time to go to sleep, but the whole interchange certainly warmed my heart. (Though I was very ready have all three kids be asleep for the evening considering I didn't get a nap yesterday.)
Then... 16 minutes later:
R: "Maamaaa ... Maaamaaa..."
I roll my eyes, go upstairs.
M: "Now what, Rhea?!"
R: "Umm... um.... umm...."
M: "Rhea, why did you call Mama?"
R: "Uumm... I don't know eider." (*argh*) :)
I tucked her back in, told her to go to sleep (R: "Ok, Mom.") and went back downstairs. If kids weren't so cute, we Mamas would go crazy! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment