Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Roller Skating!

Tonight, we went to a rollerskating rink with some of our friends from Classical Conversations (school).  It was supposed to be a yearbook signing party, but we didn't order a year book, and there really weren't that many people there to sign it.  It was still lots of fun, though!  David had to stay home and study :-(, but Sara was happy to come and help out with the Littles.  It was both Alexa's and Rhea's first time on roller skates, and before we got there, they were both REALLY concerned that they didn't have skates!  I kept trying to explain to them that we would borrow some to use at the rink, and that would satisfy them for a few minutes.  But then they would ask again: "But what am I going to do while Lucia is skating?"  Mama: "Roller skate too!"  R or A: "But I don't have any roller skates!!"  :-)

Here Sara was helping Lexi get some moves on.  Her enjoyment didn't last all that long (maybe 40 minutes or so), and after that she was content to run around in her socks and play around on the arcades, pushing blinking buttons and climbing onto motorcycle looking things.  That was fine with me.  It's really not that easy to help a kiddo skate between your legs.

Rhea's turn.  Later, we rented a skating trainer for Rhea, which helped her and us a lot. :-)
 Lucia and Sara skating some laps


Rhea figuring out the trainer.  After she had gained independent mobility, she began to enjoy skating more and asked if we could take all the equipment home to show Papa.  Unfortunately not.  But I was glad she was having fun!
 Lexi having fun her way. :-)

I ended up renting skates too (why didn't I think to take my roller blades along??) and got to feel like a kid for a little bit tonight.  It was fun! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment