... when I get lost and can't track with Lucia. They are few and far between, but this morning I didn't quite follow (this is one that can't quite be translated, though I'll try at the end of the post).
I was trying to get Lucia dressed, but she was sitting in her PJs in the middle of the room on a little chair.
Mama: "Komm her, wir muessen dich anziehen."
Lucia: "Mama, ich ha-reite."
Mama (verwirrt): "Was heisst das?"
Lucia: "Ich HA-REITE."
Mama: "Du ha-reitest?"
Lucia: "Ja."
Mama: "Was heisst das, du ha-reitest?"
Lucia (thinks for a moment): ... "Mama, ein Mann ha-reitet mich."
Mama: "Aaah, du HEIRATEST!"
Lucia: "JA!!" (... das sage ich doch schon die ganze Zeit! :) )
English:
Mama: "Come here, we need to get you dressed."
Lucia: "Mama, I'm mur-aid." (except we've heard that one before, so I probably would've tracked if it had been in English. :) )
Mama (confused): "What does that mean?"
Lucia: "I'm MUR-AID."
Mama: "You're mur-aid?"
Lucia: "Yes."
Mama: "What does that mean, you're mur-aid?"
Lucia (thinks for a moment): ... "Mama, a man is mur-aying me."
Mama: "Aaah, you're MARRIED!"
Lucia: "YES!!" (... that's what I've been saying this whole time ! :) )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment