Our interchange this morning:
Lucia (bringing me a page from a coloring book): "Mama, I want to paint this Big Bird page."
Mama: "You want to color it?" (hoping she'd go for crayons or markers)
Lucia: "Yes, with painting colors with a paint brush." ("Ja, mit Pinselfarben...)
Mama: "Maybe in a little bit, because remember, I told you I need to vacuum now."
Lucia: ... "Mama, I can't let you vacuum." ("Ich kann dir nicht staubsaugen lassen.")
Mama: (can barely stop laughing) "Oh yeah? You can't let me?"
Lucia: (after a little while) ... "Mama, I'm sorry." ("Mama, es tut mir leid.")
Mama: "What are you sorry about?"
Lucia, with a very compassionate expression on her face: "That you're not allowed to vacuum." ("Dass du nicht staubsaugen darfst.")
Couldn't stop laughing after that one.
Lucia, in ALL her seriousness: "Mama, don't laugh." :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment