Friday, November 19, 2010

Crying It Out...

...is not a fun way for Rhea to spend the time between 3:28 and 4:24 a.m., and neither is it for her parents. But we've embarked on this journey now, and thankfully we waited long enough and she stopped JUST before David's deadline; he said if she hadn't stopped at 4:30 a.m. he'd go back in. Phew! And we slept GREAT from about 4:45 until 7:00. :) So... hopefully this weekend she won't be quite so persistant and realize sooner that it's much more fun for all three of us if she just lies back down and goes to sleep.

... Ok, so somehow I got sidetracked on Friday when I wrote this, and now it's Monday evening and I'm getting back to my blog post. Except that I can share the AMAZINGLY GOOD NEWS that last night was the first night in over a month (or longer?!?!) that David and I (and Rhea and Lucia) have all slept through the night!! It was amazing!! To the point that I wasn't sure I even needed a nap today (but I took a short one just in case. :) ) I'm not expecting or even allowing myself to hope quite yet that this is going to be the new normal, BUT ... for now I'm thankful for one good night.
Friday night going on Saturday, Rhea cried for "only" about 40 minutes before she gave up, and Saturday night is was a very short but very furious protest of about 4 minutes or so. :)

So far the tears have been worth it. I think even Rhea would agree...

No comments:

Post a Comment