Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Santa Scamper 2010

... or "Santa's Camper" in Lucia's words. Which sounds a little less appealing to me. :) But there we were again tonight, all bundled up (considering it was 19 degrees outside when we left the house at 5:15 p.m.) and ready to brave the cold. The girls enjoyed the "scamper" along College Ave downtown Appleton, and then seeing parts of the parade at the end (which we had to leave early for bedtime purposes). Lucia really enjoyed seeing her friend Kirsten too, whose family tradition we've joined the past two years now. I think it's quickly becoming one of ours too. :)


Papa and Rhea watching the parade.
And the family picture.

And here is the beginning of Lucia's Advent calendar for this year. I decided I wanted to make calendars I can reuse every year and looked around online for some inspiration. I ended up using only the dowel rod with hooks idea that I saw somewhere and went with my own concept for the rest of it. I'm not done (thinking about adding animals/shepherds... we'll see), but perhaps not before Dec. 1, or maybe not even this year. I'm making an identical one for Rhea, though it's not as far along since I'm not filling one for her this year yet

No comments:

Post a Comment