Sunday, August 26, 2012

Back to School Interview

This afternoon, we had a back-to-school snack time celebration.  It wasn't enough to call it a party because we didn't do any decorating, but I set out some popcorn, goldfish crackers, peaches, and cookies, and the girls helped themselves to the food until it was all gone. :)  It was a great way to keep them at the table for a few minutes, which allowed me to interview them about their thoughts on the upcoming school year and life in general.  :-)

(I always had Rhea answer first so I could hear her original responses and not have her repeat whatever Lucia said. :) )

1.  When you think about school, what are you excited about most?
Rhea: "Drawing."
Lucia: "Learning about God."

2.  Are you excited about learning new things?  What do you want to learn about most?
Rhea: "Yes. Drawing."
Lucia: "Yes. Birdies." 

3.  Are you worried about anything when you think about school?
Rhea: "No."
Lucia: "No."

4. What do you like most about your new teacher?
Rhea: "Drawing." (re. Miss Barbara)
Lucia: "She talks a long time."  (re. Mrs. Williamson)

5.  What do you want to be when you grow up?
Rhea: "I don't know."
Lucia: "Teacher."
Rhea: "Teacher."

6.  What is your favorite ting about yourself and being 3 (5) years old?
Rhea: "I don't know.  A teacher."
Lucia: "Eating. I'm always hungry."  "And about being 5 that I can do school."

7.  What do you love about Lucia/Alexa (Rhea/Alexa)?
Rhea: "That she's so nice." (re. Lucia)  "That she bites on the couch." (re. Alexa)
Lucia: "That she draws a lot and that she thinks it's important." (re. Rhea)
           "That she laughs when I tickle her." (re. Alexa)

8.  What is your favorite thing to do?
Rhea: "Playing."
Lucia: "Helping."

9.  What do you not like to do?
Rhea: "Fight."
Lucia: "Weeding."  (haHA!  like we've ever made her weed... :) )

10.  What is your favorite food?
Rhea: "Chocolate cake."
Lucia: "Hot dog."

11.  What food do you not like so much?
Rhea: "Soup."
Lucia: "Mushrooms."

12.  If you could wish for any one thing, what would you wish for the most?
Rhea: "Popcorn."
Lucia: "A Barbie house with lots of Barbie clothes and lots of Barbies.  Oh, and doors to my favorite Wonderlands."  (After I asked her what's in her Wonderlands, she said: "Pooh, Barbie, Dora, doll.")

13.  If you could fix any problem in the whole world, what would you fix?
Rhea: "House."
Lucia: "I would stop lava from getting to a house.  I could take a hose and go 'pshshsh' before it gets to the house."

14. Anything else you want to say that I should write down?
Rhea: "Yeah.  A quacky-quee." *giggle giggle*
Lucia: "Write down my favorite toy.  My favorite toy is a ball.  A balloon too.  That's all."


We're excited about our first real day of school tomorrow!!  The backpacks are mostly packed, Alexa will be at a dear lady's from church for the morning, and we'll be out of the house by 8:15.  Yes. that is a MAJOR stretch, but we made it last week on our trial run for Orientation. :)  Let's see if we can do it again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment