Great little Lucia anecdote:
This morning, we worked on some of her school books. We focused mostly on writing accurately (she's been writing her capitals for quite a while already, so in a sense she probably thought she knew it all, but now we're focusing on doing it the right way). She completed the F and E page in her handwriting book, and then chose to do math to get away from writing. Unfortunately, her math pages had her write 1s and 2s. The 2s were a little challenging, so she was SO ready to be done after that. Then this conversation followed:
L: I can't wait to be an adult! Then I won't have to do school!
M: Yeah? Well, you know, Papa had to do school too, remember? (He was recently studying for his GMAT.)
L: Yeah, but I'm glad I'm not growing up to be a DAD. That would be AWFUL!
M: Why do you say that?!
L: Well, because dads have to work all day long. They work, work, work. That's terrible.
M: You know, a lot of moms go to work, too. (I thought about mentioning that moms who stay home do a lot of work, too, but didn't want to overcomplicate our conversation. :-) )
L: Yeah, but MOST moms don't go to work. They mostly just feed babies.
~ Right. :) I do realize it is a great privilege to be able to stay home and feed my babies. (Most days. ;-) ) Thank you to our wonderful Papa who provides so well for our family to enable me to do just that. And I pray that Lucia (and her little sisters) will one day have a wonderful husband who will allow them the choice of whether they stay home or continue working once (if) they have children themselves.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment