Monday, August 13, 2012

Happy 9 Months, Lexi Belle!

Ugh, I am SO behind!!  I guess I'll catch up backwards... it makes me feel more caught up. ;-)
Yesterday, Alexa turned 9 months old!  She was flirting with a couple sitting behind us at church and they were surprised to learn that she wasn't any older than 9 months.  She is fairly long, and I guess her dark hair make her look like she could be several months older.



Sweet Belle-Belle, you are such a fun little person to have around!  Your feet are HUGE (like Mama's :) ), and you have such a sweet disposition.  You'll smile at anyone (to the point that people in the grocery store stop to chat with you "because when I looked up, she was smiling at me!")  You are getting faster and faster at crawling and I need to be vigilant to keep you out of the cat food and water, and away from the stairs (when we're upstairs).  You are a busy little girl, and if you have your mind set on something, you will not rest until you've achieved your goal.  This includes SQUIRMING with ALL YOUR STRENGTH when you want to get down, or see something, or reach somewhere, or who knows what.  The other day you almost flipped out of my arms when I was trying to put you in your walker (where you didn't want to go that instant).  Thankfully, I held you tight and you were only dangling by your legs! :)
You absolutely delight in your sisters, and they love to make you squeal!  (Have I mentioned it can be rather ear-piercing in confined spaces, like the car?!)  You've even started playing "chase" with them by crawling after them. 
You are interested in lots of foods, but I still only feed you one big meal per day (with several little snacks).  Today, you had summer squash and sweet potato for your main meal, and a little cereal and banana as a snack, as well as some of our salad tonight (I picked out some peas, olives and noodles. :) )  You still nurse well and we'll keep it that way for as long as possible.  I love my Belle-Belle cuddles!!


No comments:

Post a Comment