I just got another box of clothes out for Rhea, since she's rapidly outgrowing 3T and needs more and more size 4T. There was a pair of pajamas that she hadn't seen before, and since it says "Big Sister" on it, and her current favorite shirt also says "Big Sister," I figured I had found a new pair of favorite pajamas. After baths, I showed her the "new" PJ's with hearts on the pants and a little girl on the shirt and excitedly announced, "it says 'Big Sister' on it!!"
Rhea: "I don't want those. I wanna pick my own pajamas. I'll show you which ones I want to wear." So she climbed the chair in her room to reach the pajama drawer of her dresser and pulled out yellow ones with pink ladybugs. "I wanna wear these!"
I asked if she could explain to me why she wanted to wear those rather than the Big Sister pair.
R: "I don't know, I just like these better."
M: "Yes, but why? Don't you like these hearts, and the little girl on the shirt?"
R: "No, I don't like all those. They're just not cute enough."
Right. Thankfully, you ARE cute enough! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment