I was just working with Lucia on her Christmas wishlists (which will be a separate post) when Rhea came running into the room, grabbed my hand, and exclaimed: "Hey Dorothy, hey Dorothy! I just cleaned the mirror! Come look!" (?!?) I took her hand and followed her and she demonstrated how she climbed the bathroom stool, wet her hands, wiped up and down the mirror, and then took the hand towel and polished it dry. She was SO proud of herself! After a minute I asked, "But why did you call me Dorothy?"
Rhea: "Because Mama's not a good name."
Okie dokie then. :-)
A little while later we were getting ready for bed, and Rhea announced to me that my name was Dorothy, hers was Dorothy too, and her baby's name was ... surprise, surprise ... also Dorothy. So then I said: "But then how will we know who were talking about when we all have the same name? If I say, 'Dorothy has to go to bed,' do you have to go to bed, or your baby?"
Rhea: "My baby."
Mama: "But what if I say, 'Dorothy can have a cookie.' Is the cookie for you or for your baby?"
Rhea, without missing a beat: "For me."
(I love 3-yr-old logic. :-) )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment