Dr. Duffy's dentist practice is the most amazing place I've ever seen. Ok, so I've only been to a handful or two of dentists, but they all pale in comparison with Dr. Duffy. I mean... if I were a kid, I think I'd want to go there just for fun!! And that says a lot, considering I wished my own dentist to Hell when I was about Lucia's age (until my parents told me that was inappropriate, even for dentists). :-) (I'm not proud of it, but it does make me laugh a little now as an adult.)
Dr. Duffy's practice has a climbing tree and slide inside the waiting area, a free coffee machine, two massage chairs for the waiting Mamas, bottled water, and... a MOVIE THEATER for the kids!
Then, once you get inside the dental area, there's a TV above every dentist chair with some cartoon playing, there's a video game room for waiting siblings or to hang out for a while in after you're done, and the whole place is one big jungle theme with child sized stuffed gorillas, giraffes, etc. Alexa loves Dr. Duffy! Lucia likes her fine too (even though she's had a tooth pulled there already), and Rhea, well... not so much. :)
Anyway, Dr. Duffy put on a patient appreciation party with hot dogs, face painting, bounce houses, a train, and a petting zoo. Here are some pics. :) The girls LOVED the little animals (and I ensured they were treating them ok, but there were some other kids handling the animals ... that was stressing me out. Hope they got to recover in the barn that night. :-/ )
Sitting down having hot dogs. (Daddy was a little... displeased with my picture taking. ;-) )
In the train
Guinea pig
Baby chick ... this girlie was in seventh heaven. Seeing both of the big girls' faces when they were holding the baby animals made me want to pick up and move to a farm where they could have constant access to furry and feathery creatures. :-)
"MOM!! The goat actually ate out of my hand!!!" :-)
Brushing the goat
This picture makes me laugh and cringe at the same time... that poor little animal. :-{
I could just eat Rhea up in this picture... :-)
A tiny baby piglet. It could be heard squealing a lot, but it was quiet while Lucia was holding it. Cute little thing... I just wonder where its Mama was, and how much it was traumatized by being handled so much, away from her, at such a young age...
And the little chick relaxing in Lucia's hands... she was so proud that it was "going to sleep" while she was holding it. Not surprising, considering how stressed those little creatures were.
Lucia and Dr. Duffy
Aaaaand... Rhea and Dr. Duffy. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment