Monday, February 8, 2010

Birthday Weekend

So we're back from Chicago and David is 27. Lucia and Rhea had loads of fun with their big cousins, and the adults had lots of fun amongst themselves (playing Cities and Knights and Balderdash... Did you know that a zum is a cross between a yak and a cow? And that the movie "Hips, Hips, Hooray" is about two men selling flavored lipstick to a beauty parlor?). It was fun seeing everybody and being able to capitalize on living so much closer to each other now!
Now it's back to the normal routine, and I'm trying to get a handle on the housework that has piled up. Oh the joys (and I'm not entirely sarcastic when I say that - it's good to be home. :) )

Lucia was drawing some letters today and I'm so proud of her! :-) She enjoys scribbling and discovering afterwards (or interpreting) what she drew (or "wrote"), which has developed into "mastering" a couple of letters already.
"M" with no help.

L and U with no help.

Two O's without help - her favorite letter to draw. :-)







"

No comments:

Post a Comment