Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Lucia's First Prayer

Lucia just requested a glass of kefir, so I poured each of us one. I downed mine and returned to washing the dishes, while Lucia took one sip, and then spontaneously closed her eyes and said: "Thank you, Jesus, for my kefir, thank you that we can let Papa sleep, thank you for the wind that blows, and thank you that we can eat, and thank you that I can watch Peep's New Friends, and thank you that Mama had a good nap, Amen." Her very first own prayer, and completely unsolicited at that... it was so sweet! Papa is actually next door in the bedroom taking a nap (he just got home from work a bit early because he's not feeling too well and went straight to bed), and though Mama didn't get a "good" nap today (only about 15 minutes before Rhea woke up), Lucia certainly did. :-) That makes all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment