This morning, Lucia and I baked cookies (using a recipe from Aunt Julie), and they turned out great! I told Lucia if she had a good lunch and finished her bowl, she could have a cookie before naptime. She was ready to start into her food when she remembered to pray:
"Thank you, Jesus, that we could bake cookies, thank you for lunch, thank you that we can eat a cookie... *pause* ... that we can eat TWO cookies, ... "(opens one eye and whispers, "Mama, do you want TWO cookies??") :-) I tried not to laugh and said she should finish praying, which she then did ("thank you that Mama could have a good nap today (let's hope), thank you that Rhea is sleeping, Amen.") She got her cookie after lunch, and can have the second one when Papa comes home. See, God does hear our prayers! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment