I'm sitting here at 9:20 pm next to David at the kitchen bar, where he is logged into his work computer and putting in some more hours. Not sure 8-5 jobs really live up to their name, at least this one doesn't. Recently, evenings when he is NOT logged in have been the exception, and maybe I just need to change my expectations. I'm not complaining (ok, maybe I am a little bit, but not at him... it's not his fault nor his desire to be working this late repeatedly), I'm just trying to figure out how to adapt. We're wondering if this is just another phase, or if this is the new normal, considering that he is now working at a staff location where pressures and expectations seem to be much higher than they were at the mill.
All that leads to discussions on career aspirations... how much do you strive for positions with high expectations (and career potential) while sacrificing personal and family time, and how much to you content yourself with a good job that provides a little more work-life balance and sacrifice a little status and income? There's no perfect job or perfect answer to the question, I fear, so we're caught in the middle of figuring this one out and trying to assess what we should be shooting for. Who knew life was so hard? :) (At the same time, we are SO thankful that David has a good job with a good outlook... a tremendous blessing, we realize.)
Now on to some recent pictures:
Lucia's tongue after eating some red beet salad with feta cheese. :-)

After a busy weekend with lots of activities and no naps, Lucia actually fell asleep on the back of David's bike one evening!! We rode to the park and then around a few neighborhoods, and
David had to wake her up after he parked his bike in the garage when we got home!

A close-up of sleeping beauty on the bike:

And here she's watching some Cinderella clip on youtube... she's seen it a good 20 times and is still enamoured by it. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment