Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Big Girl Is Sick

Last night was a bit rough - Lucia started waking up around 9:30 p.m. complaining that her ear hurt. I tried giving her a drink, singing some songs, putting drops in, letting her blow her nose, nothing seemed to help. She kept falling asleep, just to wake up again crying that her ear hurt. So... sounds like an ear inflammation/infection to me, though we've never gone through one or had one officially diagnosed. She finally requested (around 10:30) to sleep in our bed, which she's never done before. So... anticipating a night full of interruptions, we decided to start her off in our bed and David went to sleep in the guest bed to try to get a good night. Lucia slept restlessly and woke up at 4:30 wanting to get up (and kept asking off and on until she went to sleep again at 6:30). So needless to say, my night wasn't the best either. The only thing that seemed to help her ear was heating up a rice bag for warmth - she kept asking for it to be reheated throughout the night and this morning.
It's now 5:30 and she's been sleeping more or less since 4 p.m. already. This is probably the 5th nap for the day - she literally has not left the couch or bed all day. Her fever started out at 101 this morning, and the second time I took it this afternoon it was at 102.5. Poor little thing. :( Here are some pictures of her throughout the day.

Her first ever breakfast in bed (though she didn't eat much). Adopting Loxley was perfect timing - being sick is so much more bearable when you have a constant companion to suffer with.
This is how I found her minutes after I took the previous picture - I just went to get her some apple slices...

This afternoon:
This later afternoon:
And now she's in her bed. I wonder how long she'll sleep. And if we should wake her up before the night?!

No comments:

Post a Comment