Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Lucia's Better...

... and now it's Rhea's turn to feel miserable. She doesn't have what Lucia had, but she's getting some new teeth. So that brings its own misery. Both lower eye teeth are through, but her gums behind those are swollen, so she's probably working on her first molars too! :-( Poor baby. Sunday night I was up with her between 12:30 and 3:30 (though I did get a couple short snoozes in during that time). For a while, I even pulled her into bed with me (and David went to the guest bed), but she didn't feel like sleeping in our bed. After a good 20 minutes of clapping (*clap clap clap* ... *clap clap clap* ... *clap clap clap*) which then evolved into repeated covering her eyes in the darkness, only to uncover them and squeal "PEE!" (- mentally add the "K" at the end), I finally realized she needed to go back to her own bed, David needed to move back to our bed, and I had to move to the guest bed for any of us to get some decent sleep between 3:30 and 7:00.
Last night was better, though not by much - I was still in her room 5 times or so and we were VERY close to play musical beds again. But after the fifth session of crying and soothing, she finally fell asleep for the rest of the night. Here's hoping tonight will be back to normal!

Tonight is David's last Mission House night - it's only a two hour class he's teaching, so I'm looking forward to having some time together after that. Last night was a 4 hour class, the last two of which he brought the kids over to our house for Bible study and apple crisp. It was fun for me to meet them and see what they had been doing all along, and it took me back to my college days. I miss the fellowship they are sharing at the Mission House, the silliness, lack of responsibility and schedule, and the amazing friendships that are made so quickly and intensely at this phase in one's life. We had a great time, and they all enjoyed meeting Loxley (who in turn seemed happy for all the attention - we definitely seem to have a people cat!).

Yesterday was also Lucia's last dance class, which ended with a little "recital". I'll have to post some pictures soon. She and her little friend, Maddy, certainly paid more attention to each other than to the teacher... who knows how much Lucia actually "learned" over the past six weeks. :)

I'm going to post this without pictures for now since both girls are in their beds and I have a short window of opportunity to accomplish a few things (besides uploading pictures). :-) More to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment