Friday, October 22, 2010

Even After Terrible Nights...

...His mercies are new every morning. :) Rhea and I were up from 11:30 until 4:00 a.m., when David came to relieve me. And of course he was able to get Rhea to go to sleep in her bed within 20 minutes. Who knows what the deal was (aside from teething and a slightly stuffy nose, and probably being over-tired from several bad nights - though thankfully none as bad as the last one). But I'm grateful for completely unexplainable, clearly divinely provided energy today, an hour's nap already (while Lucia watched a Kermit DVD), and an equally unexplainably well behaved, courteous, polite 3 year old today!! Thank you Lord for the little things which amount to HUGE things on days like this. Right now she is rolling the die to the Scattergory game (with a bunch of letters on it), and then writes the letter that she rolls onto a piece of paper. She's writing letters she's never written before without a flaw! Sweet girl. :-)
And yesterday... I meant to post two little blurbs from her before I forgot them, but never got around to it. I have a feeling my 3-year-old is going on 9 (or ... maybe 13?!)

Mama: "Lucia, it's cold in the house, could you please go put your slippers on?"
Lucia (with a 9-year-old's drama and expressiveness): "But I don't know where they ARE! They could be ANYWHERE!!!!"

And her new exclamation of disappointment or frustration (with equal expressiveness):
"aaw MAAAAAN!"

:)

P.S. I think she gets it from her cousins. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment