Rhea had the toughest night of her life tonight. :-( It's 9:17 and she's FINALLY quiet. Poor baby. She had a fantastic morning with great naps until 2:25, when she woke up from her second nap of the day. And after that, she wouldn't go back to sleep. I don't know if I missed her window or what happened, but starting around 6:15 or so she just cried and cried and cried and cried, whether she was being held, rocked, nursed, changed, put down, or held some more. She cried herself into utter exhaustion, fell asleep in my arms (which she never does anymore), and then woke up again minutes later when I tried to put her down. I got her back up and rocked her in the chair by the fire, where she fell asleep again, slept in my arms for 15 minutes or so, and woke up again and cried and cried. Then I tried nursing her again, which she didn't want, but she finally fell asleep cradled in my arms, only to wake up when I had to sneeze and started all over again. Finally, David suggested lying down in bed with her, which she used to love. That worked - she fell asleep in our bed and we had already decided to go sleep in the guest bed for the night so we wouldn't have to disturb her, but then she woke up again about 30-45 minutes later. I figured if she was awake and crying I might as well move her to her own bed, which started another (thankfully brief) episode of crying and consoling. Now she's finally quiet (again) - and I pray it's for the night.
Poor baby. Her nose is stuffy from her first cold, and I think whenever she tries to suck her thumb she can't breathe, which wakes her up and frustrates her. Wish I could help her.
Meanwhile I am having a cup of hot orange tea to soothe my own throat and clear my head before I go to bed myself. Hope to be over this cold SOON! Being sick is miserable, but having sick children is even worse. Hopefully David will be able to avoid it at least... Good night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment