Thursday, April 1, 2010

8 Months Old!

I just had to post this picture of Lucia at the park the other day; it is her personality in a group setting to a T. She will stand at a safe distance and observe before she cautiously joins the fun, but even then only alongside everything else that's going on. And if it gets too roudy or busy or loud, she quickly withdraws again. I had to encourage her several times that it was ok for her to go play too, and that she could say, "May I please have a turn?" (Not that the loud and busy older kids would've listened, but hey.)
Rhea at the park today. Yes, I'm a bad Mama; I shouldn't have taken her to the park with a fever. It wasn't that bad this morning and I thought maybe some sunshine wouldn't hurt (since she's still somewhat content in between her naps), but I think she and I had to pay for the decision tonight. Poor baby feels even warmer this evening and it was quite the ordeal to get her to go to sleep. She even spit up once - it seems like her whole system is upset. Hope it's over soon!

"I'm 8 months old, and Mama is putting me through this photo shoot even though I'm sick."

Just for the record that she was feeling miserable on her 8 month birthday. Poor bub.

But I was still able to get a smile and a giggle out of her (after quite a few tries).

No comments:

Post a Comment