Friday, April 16, 2010

Last Weekend...

... at home before our big trip across the pond! We're getting excited. :D Hmmm... I should probably start thinking about packing in all seriousness. I've already thrown quite a few things into some suitcases, but it's all a big mess and I have no real concept yet. Agh... I do and don't enjoy the packing process.

On another random note: Tonight at bedtime, Lucia informed me that I was Mama Snowwhite and she was Baby Snowwhite. Hmm... usually, she tells me I'm to be Thinderella and she's Sleeping Beauty; I'm not sure what twist the Mama/Baby version throws into the princess game. If any of you have insight into this, please drop me a note to explain. :)

Also, the other day she told me: "I am 'mur-aid'." I said, "Oh, yes?" (???) Lucia: "Yes! I'm mur-aid." "I said, "What do you mean? Are you a mermaid?" (... thinking Ariel and keeping with the everpresent princess theme...) "No, Mama, MUR-AID!" she repeated emphatically while trying to wrap Rhea's receiving blanket around herself. "OOOOOH!!!" I exclaimed, finally catching on. "You're MARRIED!!" "YES!! I'm MARRIED!! I wanna be MARRIED!" Ahh... and here it begins. Then she paused for a moment and said, "Mama, what's 'married'?" So I tried to explain that some day, when she's a big girl and finds a boy whom she loves very much, like Mama loves Papa, then she and the boy can get married and we'll have a big party to celebrate. And I'll be really happy for her. But I hope it's a LOOOONG ways away. :) (Though she does talk about "Prince Armies" (a.k.a. Prince Charming) a LOT. Haha. I love how she has never seen a single Disney movie, only knows the princesses from her fork and spoon, and then of course hears what her little friends tell her. Hence the confusion. :-) )

No comments:

Post a Comment