Tonight we went out to Fuddruckers to "celebrate" our last weekend together as a family for over a month. It was yummy, but MESSY (my burger had way too much stuff on it to be eaten the way a burger should be eaten). And it was our first dinner out as a whole family since Rhea's birth, so that was special too. Except that she was tired and wanted to be held (since we interrupted her nap this morning for church), so David held her while I pounded my burger and fed Lucia some bites in between. Then we swapped seats and David pounded his burger and helped Lucia finish up while I held Rhea and shared some guacamole with her (half of which ended up on my shirt because she was so tired at this point that she would just bury and rub her face into my shoulder).
Then, when we came home, David played with Lucia almost all evening and insisted that he bring her to bed after story time, even though she usually demands Mama for that part. But since we'll be gone soon and I will be doing bedtime for a month straight, he already feels like he's missing out. She wasn't so happy about that initially, but adapted pretty quickly - she really does love her Papa. :) Tonight, she told him he was a prince. "Papa, you're a prince. I'll turn on the music, ok? ... Ok... now DANCE!" Papa: "I don't know if princes dance..." Lucia: "Yes, they DANCE! Now... DANCE!!" So they danced... to her choice of obnoxious music from her toy keyboard. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment